Product updates? [Indivision, A1200 Reloaded, Catweasel]

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi everyone.

Being a huge Icomp fan, there are a few different products that have been either announced or hinted at that I'm looking forward to. If it's not out of the question to say a few words about them, may I please ask for a short status update about these projects?

1. The A1200 Reloaded - I've backed the new A1200.net Kickstarter, hoping to house a brand new A1200 Reloaded in it.
    2. The CD32 Indivision - it has been mentioned here that a new production run is planned for.
    3. The new (and Ethernet-connected?) Catweasel - the upcoming Amiga A1222 Tabor lacks PCI ports, so a new implementation for floppy, keyboard and joystick/mouse connectivity would be most welcome.

Please keep up the great, great work that you do! :thumbup:

• None of these projects have been stopped - they might change specs when I get back to them, though. No further details until I really start working on them again.

• I should look into re-producing these with a modern CPLD. The only reason I stopped making them was that the MACH chips are just nasty to work with, and the power consumption is way out of date. These things are producing way too much heat for what they deliver (at least for my taste).

Besides, these aren't so rare. The Catweasel MK2 has been sold in 4-digit quantities - a very successful product back in the days.

• Besides, these aren't so rare. The Catweasel MK2 has been sold in 4-digit quantities - a very successful product back in the days.

For good reason, I should add. As far as I can tell by the old reviews and forum threads I've come across, all members of the Catweasel family are a solid piece of work. I suppose that's also the reason why they don't show up on Ebay that often (and why the price is through the roof once they do - price and demend, I guess).

Jens - if you don't mind me asking, how is the A1200 Reloaded project coming together? After some delay I'm hoping to land a CD32-themed A1200 case and a set of matching keycaps this winter. Having a brand new A1200 motherboard inside it would really be the icing on the cake!

• The Commodore A1200 Reloaded is moving higher and higher on the prio list, but there's still a few things I want to get out of the way before I dedicate most of my time to that.

• The Commodore A1200 Reloaded is moving higher and higher on the prio list, but there's still a few things I want to get out of the way before I dedicate most of my time to that.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Oh, and one more thing. I think a ton of users would be really interested in hearing what you just said, and then some. I really enjoyed your Amiwest keynote last year (both content- and language wise), so if you are planning something similar for Amiwest 2021 then dropping something exclusive news about the A1200 Reloaded project would likely be highly appreciated by the audience. Just thinking out loud here! :)

• I already talked to Bill Borsari about that, asking him if the "interview style" is an option again this year. It is more dynamic than playing back a pre-recorded message, which was originally requested.

Bill made an exception for me last year, as I didn't have the time to record something in advance.

• I already talked to Bill Borsari about that, asking him if the "interview style" is an option again this year. It is more dynamic than playing back a pre-recorded message, which was originally requested.

You're totally right - the format worked out really well, likely as a result of the thought-through questions, your equally thought-through (and enthusiastic) answers and, again, that your English is on par with native speakers. Oh, and that a few surprise out-of-the-blue announcements were made, too. It was a ton of fun to watch!

Here's hoping that Borsari will give thumbs up for something similar this year, too! :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.