not booting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Greetings!

I just got my C64 Reloaded MKII and I think I followed all the correct steps in order to make in work.

I've installed 1 SID 6581 + CPU 8500 + VIC II 6569R5 + CIA #1 325572-01 + keyboard fully working.

When I turn it ON, the green light blinks and when I connect to the terminal, I don't get any error message but weird characters.

Are the component correct / compatible? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your support,

Best regards

• are you sure you inserted the ICs the correct way around? (the "notch" must point to the side of the socket with the lever)

as for the garbage in the terminal.... is the baudrate correct? (select 19200Baud, 8N1)

• thanks for the reply.

are you sure you inserted the ICs the correct way around? (the "notch" must point to the side of the socket with the lever)

Yes

as for the garbage in the terminal.... is the baudrate correct? (select 19200Baud, 8N1)

thanks menus are working now.

I get this info

Error: VIC-II is not recognized, check U19.

Note: Machine is halted. Press 'R' to restart.

?

VIC-II: Unknown (D8 D8 0000 PAL)

SID 1 : 8580 (FF 00)

SID 2 : Unknown (17 00)

CPU : Unknown (08CA)

MCU : 20180227

• this is likely caused by bad contact of the chips in the sockets. carefully wiggle the ICs in question sideways in the socket with the lever closed (or half open) to "scratch" the pins a bit, that usually makes it work.

• ewww ,well. "are you sure you inserted the ICs the correct way around? (the "notch" must point to the side of the socket with the lever)" - you managed to put all of them the wrong way around. (also you need a second CIA)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.