Question about X-surf-100 with Mediator PCI 4000DI 3V MKIII Busboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

Need some help on this issue....X-surf-100 and Rapid Road installed on Mediator PCI 4000DI 3V MKIII busboard.

Configuration:

Amiga 4000 warp engine 040/40MHZ with 96MB ram installed on warp + 95MB Ram allocated from Radeon 1250 128MB Graphics card by Mediator. 185MB Ram total.

X-surf-100 card with Rapid Road module.

Radeon graphics card 1250 128MB ram DVI output.

Soundblaster 128 sound card

Play TV mpeg2 card

The problem:

When booting the Amiga without the X-surf-100 installed, everything is fine.No issues.

When booting the Amiga with the x-surf 100 installed, at first boot, the radeon 1250 is not seeing by the Amiga, and no display occured. Black screen. Then I reset the Amiga, and at the second boot, everyhing is fine again.

So resuming, I must reset the Amiga twice, to boot correctly , displaying the Radeon´s resolution (24Bits 800x600).

IF I am using the amiga native resolution, for example, Multiscan produtivity resolution or NTSC High interlaced resolution, everything is fine. No problems.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks,

Francisco

• I am using Amiga OS 3.9BB4 with the Amiga 3.1.4 ROM installed.

mixing and matching ROMs and OS versions might not be the best idea.

The test tool should only be run if the computer has been started "without startup-sequence". The computer must be re-started after the test routine has been run. It's an engineering tool that does not cleanly return to the system - you'll quickly notice if you try to run it another time (I believe it doesn't even find the card a second time, or reports funny errors).

When booting the Amiga with the x-surf 100 installed, at first boot, the radeon 1250 is not seeing by the Amiga, and no display occured. Black screen. Then I reset the Amiga, and at the second boot, everyhing is fine again.

This sounds like you did not read the complete documentation:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/X-Surf-100#Mediator_Z3

• Hello,

I found out the problem.

There are no compatibility issues with the X-surf-100, rapid road and the Mediator MKIII Board.

The problem is with the Radeon 9250 128mb ram graphics card.

I changed to Voodoo 3 3000 16MB and the problems went gone..... Vanish....

With the Voodoo3 3000 installed, The Amiga 4000D with the Mediator MKIII and the x-surf-100 are working fine with no issues.

Could not find what is wrong with the Radeon drivers from Elbox. At first boot, black screen, no video. After second Boot everything is OK.

I think it will be a long journey, to solve this enigma.

But thanks anyway...

P.s.Just upgraded the Amiga OS 3.9 to Amiga OS 3.1.4.1. Now, ROM and OS are equal.

Francisco

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.