ACA500Plus - firmware change log and older firmware versions

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens!

Hope your having a happy new year!

I looked around and couldn't find this info ... where can I see the change log of the ACA500Plus firmware versions? Mainly the menu system versions?!

And is there a place to download the previous versions?

I ask this because my ACA500Plus came with the menu system v0.129 and I updated it yesterday to the last v0.135 and I'm experiencing things that I did not noticed with the v0.129 and would like to flash it again to check them.

2 examples:

• some failed boot's after CTRL+Amiga+Amiga (even at 14Mhz): I power the Amiga up, boot using for instance with 1.3 or 3.1 and all is ok. After a soft reboot (CTRL+Amiga+Amiga) sometimes it hangs booting again with no error code in DisMo!

• running a boot option from the "F3 - Standard A500 Profile Menu" and after it reentering the menu system: I noticed that my Profile #1 shows some values from that previous boot! For instance the ROM option displays 1.3, when I previously had saved in Profile #1 the ROM=3.1 ( only Profile #1 seems affected losing some values ). Also noticed that navigating to Profile #2 and back again to Profile #1 some values like the ROM returns to the saved values but other values don't any more.

Can you help?

Cheers,

Jorge

:thumbup:

• running a boot option from the "F3 - Standard A500 Profile Menu" and after it reentering the menu system: I noticed that my Profile #1 shows some values from that previous boot!

That's expected behaviour: The menu always remembers what you have chosen last time - this does not mean that it's been saved in a profile.

Also noticed that navigating to Profile #2 and back again to Profile #1 some values like the ROM returns to the saved values but other values don't any more.

This is a weakness of the underlying menu design: There is no "looking at configurations" - it's always "WYSIWYG" - what's shown on screen is taken over into the settings that will be launched when you press enter, which can be "any time". While the original goal was to make it "WYSIWYG" without soo many key presses, I can understand that it's confusing if you are used to configuring, saving, loading and cross-checking from other menus. Takes a little getting-used-to, but once you understand that it's always setting what it's showing, you'll (hopefully) appreciate the lower number of key presses required with this method.

And is there a place to download the previous versions?

A Wiki never forgets :-)

http://wiki.icomp.de/w/index.p…ware&diff=next&oldid=6851

Just navigate with the "older edit" links. V0.129 was never available as update file, but it was just a minor change to V1.27, which is in the Wiki.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.