Vic-II sync on Dell P2417H

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have an old NTCS C64 that I converted to a PAL, by switching the crystal to a 17.734472Mhz and the VIC chip.

Board is 326298-01, 5-pin, rev A.

VIC is 6569 R5.

TC64v2.

I saw the P2417H listed as working smoothly at http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/Chameleon_Monitors

So I went and procured a P2417H in order to get Vic-II sync, but it seems whenever I enable that the screen goes black.

I can run several resolutions at 50hz (though the monitor says the native res is 1080p60).

I'm using the VGA out directly from the TC64.

Is there something I need to configure? or have I broken my C64?

BR

• I have an old NTCS C64 that I converted to a PAL, by switching the crystal to a 17.734472Mhz and the VIC chip.

Board is 326298-01, 5-pin, rev A.

This may not be the complete mod - you also need to change the divider in order to achieve the exact 0.985MHz CPU speed (otherwise the system runs too fast). I personally don't own a 326298, so I don't even know if that jumper wire is there.

• This may not be the complete mod - you also need to change the divider in order to achieve the exact 0.985MHz CPU speed (otherwise the system runs too fast). I personally don't own a 326298, so I don't even know if that jumper wire is there.

Ah, yes I did the divider change as well. ( nr. 3 in this picture here https://postimg.cc/hzjdFnPW ).

In Bouldermark I get 314 with the Chameleon unplugged.

Sorry I wasn't clear there.

• Apologies for the long delay in replying, but I have finally managed to acquire a PS/2 compatible keyboard to test standalone mode.

Unfortunately, the VIC-II sync does not work in stand alone mode either. I tested all resolutions in 50Hz with VIC-II sync and the screen goes black in all but one case.

With 640x480 50Hz and VIC-II sync the screen keep blinking with "Auto Adjustment" every 3 seconds. I tried waiting 5 minutes but it didn't become stable.

Without VIC-II sync the screen works fine, both in standalone and as cartridge.

Anything else I can try or is the PH2417H just not supported after all?

Best Regards,

• That wiki page is mostly based on feedback from our customers, and of course the vendors may change the (essentially out of spec) properties of their monitors anytime... so who knows. I cant really suggest more than trying all the modes :(

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.