Amiga 2000 WB3.1 A2630(latest roms) Lockup

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I recently purchased a couple Buddha IDE cards for my a2k's. They work 100% and install and setup was very easy and without issues at first...

Both A2k's have 2630 cards with 4 meg ram, 1 meg chip. I get random lockups, mouse pointer moves, but all drive activity is freezes, including floppy drives stop clicking. I have tried a 100% fresh install as well as existing installs. If I disable the 030 via early startup everything works 100%. No lockups with the machines running for 2 days straight, turn the 030 on and I get lockups in 1-30 mins ( usually when accessing the HD). Without the Buddha the machines run stable. I have tested ram, PS volts loaded and unloaded.

Is there a known issue with the buddha cards and the a2630 cards?

I have a fusion 040 I just haven't had time to pull it out and test with the Buddha IDE.

Thanks in advance for any info

• Hello,

thanks for the info. I upgraded the rom and still had the same issue. I thought the only thing that was common was the HD. The HD tested fine and works 100% on other ide controllers, and stressed tested on a PC. I figured I would try another HD anyways. Sure enough the other HD has no issues and the system is 100% stable again.

Thanks again for the fast response anyways!.

joehick

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.