ACA500Plus Diskmo codes

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi All,

Thanks firstly to Individual Computers for their excellent Hardware^^

So I have an A500Plus which did suffer badly with battery corrosion which wasn't initially a problem. Over time however, it failed and I sent it away for repair - now all appears ok.

I splashed out on an ACA500Plus which works perfectly, however recently I'm getting a problem whereby when I cold boot my Amiga, the diskmo cycles through all its codes up to 99 then to FE. When it gets to FE I know that everything is OK to boot into Workbench.

I have been getting increasing issues whereby the diskmo counts to 99 and stops there. This prevents me from pressing enter to boot into workbench.

As I dont have a list of the codes, I have no idea what a code 99 is.

The only solution to the problem is to keep powering off and on until it finally works

I don't believe its an issue with the ACA500 plus as I have connected it to an additional standard A500 and this appears to work.

Any ideas folks?

Warm Regards,

Darren

• These DisMo codes are for our internal development. The DisMo also shows the last key code pressed during the menu, but when the computer is launched, the DisMo is not used any more.

Your description sounds more like a PSU or contact issue. What power supply are you using?

• I'm using an original A500 power supply.

There are models with 2.5A, 3A and 4.5A - the latter ones may require re-capping after all these years. Do you have a spare PSU to try with? I mean a real spare, I don't mean "buy a new one to try".

• Hi Jens,

I had a spare A500 4.5 amp power supply and tried that - no luck same issue happens. I've decided to stop using this A500+ as I've obviously got an issue with it.

I'm going to use my Standard A500 and go with that as it seems to work fine.

Thanks for the help.

Darren

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.