New tv problem with Indivision ecsv2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, i have had my A500 with indivision ecsv2 connected to a very old tv via the vga port working with no problems

I have just bought a new tv with a vga port but the display keeps flicking on & off, it will show my amiga screen, then go off saying no signal.

I can connect the amiga by scart & it displays fine, but the vga input keeps flashing on & off.

I have tried various modes in the indivision setup tool to no avail

My setup is :

A500

Indivision escv2

Ace2 agnus

Aca500plus

Any sugestions how to get the picture to stay on via vga most appreciated

• I have tried various modes in the indivision setup tool to no avail

Please explain exactly what you've tried and what the effect was. To me this sounds like a sync problem where either sync polarity is not what the TV expects, or you've even switched on the V-Sync feature, which most TVs don't support.

• thanks for the reply, my setup was working fine through my old tv's vga input, so at first I didn't change anything when connecting to the new tv but got the on off situation. It works fine through scart, so have been trying the different pre modes from the setup software, not sure if vsync was on but will check later when home from work. Cheers for the suggestion 👍

• right, finaly getting there lol , after a bit of tweaking & trying different things this is where i'm at, do these settings look ok to you Jens ? Any suggestions to improve things ? Cheers for your suggestion earlier, I had all but given up yesterday 👍

• do these settings look ok to you Jens ?

To be honest, I'd have to sit in front of the TV to judge if it's OK, but if you're saying "resolved", I take it you're satisfied with what you see, which is the most important thing. There is no such thing as "correct" if we're talking about your personal impression.

When I first saw your 640x480 picture, I thought "oh dear, that TV only supports the most basic screen that a PC outputs in BIOS mode". Good to see that this is not the case :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.