A Couple of question About the Indivision AGA MK2cr for A1200

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • First, I read this morning on one of the recommended retailer sites that this product is discontinued. Is that correct?

Second, this has a DVI-I connector while almost all the monitors I see have DVI-D connectors. What is the recommended way to connect this product to monitors with DVI-D connections?

Thanks in advance.

• First, I read this morning on one of the recommended retailer sites that this product is discontinued. Is that correct?

Yes, that's correct. This product will be replaced by the new Indivision AGA MK3; we will hopefully have a prototype early december, but we will most likely not make it for this year's Xmas business.

Second, this has a DVI-I connector while almost all the monitors I see have DVI-D connectors. What is the recommended way to connect this product to monitors with DVI-D connections?

DVI-D is a subset of DVI-I. You can just use a DVI-D cable on Indivision AGA MK2(cr). The added property of DVI-I is that it also carries analogue signals, so you can use a cheap DVI-I->VGA adapter (mostly supplied with monitors or available in PC stores for a few bucks) and use a VGA monitor.

The new MK3 version will have a HDMI output and a separate VGA output, where only one of them can be used at the same time. We know that many customers use older TVs with VGA or even YUV input, so the property "compatible with analogue and digital monitors" will remain.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.