New ACA1221ec flash software

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • A new ACA1221ec flash software is available:

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA1221ec#software

Please set the "unprotect" jumper of your card and run the following command line:

Code
    1. aca1221ecFlash CPUspeed 28

Confirm with "Y" (remember to use a capital letter!) and press enter. The operation takes only a second to complete - then put the jumper back into "MapROM" position (or into "parking" position if you are a 3.1.4 user), and you're done.

The update should fix any trouble with resident modules.

• Thank you for the update! This improves the 1221ec user experience a lot now that we can use resident modules :)

If I may, I'd like to point out that the jumper position shown in the picture seems to be different from what I experienced today when flashing my aca1221ec - looking at the card from the same position, connecting the leftmost and the middle pin put it into unprotected (ready to flash) mode.

Acatool 1.01 seems like a very useful addition too. Will it be the tool for flashing any possible future updates to the firmware, or to put it another way, will aca1221ecFlash be retiring after this update?

• Acatool 1.01 seems like a very useful addition too. Will it be the tool for flashing any possible future updates to the firmware, or to put it another way, will aca1221ecFlash be retiring after this update?

V1.01 has been replaced by V1.02 yesterday evening.

And yes, this tool will replace the old commandline-based flash tool, and it will be the general tool for future cards (already supports the ACA1233n).

I haven't seen anything in terms of swapped jumper positions. Not that the jumper is labelled "unprotect", and the tool shows "protect: on", which means that the jumper is "off". Confusing?

• Thanks for the quick reply, great news.

I haven't seen anything in terms of swapped jumper positions. Not that the jumper is labelled "unprotect", and the tool shows "protect: on", which means that the jumper is "off". Confusing?

It seems I confused the terms 'unprotect' and 'parking' there - bad reading of instructions on my behalf!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.