Random joystick issues with Indivision ECS V2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Not sure if you've read that (or if I wrote it in a different thread), but Peter and I have continued investigation by checking old data sheets to see what's the guaranteed high-level of the old LS157 parts. We found that the problematic one was way off, so technically, it must be seen as a defect on the component side. The fix that I've found (pull-up resistors) has helped, but it's not clear how long, as the defect may continue to creep further.

Ageing of integrated circuits and even discrete semiconductors is an interesting topic. Not for thie thread, though...

• I've noticed a somewhat similar issue on an A500 w/ECS V2. Every now and then my mouse randomly moves up a few pixels when I click on something.

For instance, if I double click an icon it might zip up to the top of the screen.

This sounds somewhat similar with the joystick. Any chance it's related?

Thanks!!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.