TrueIDE

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • These have been sold out some time ago. I do have an idea how to replace the product, but that's still a bit in the future. Meanwhile, could you please explain what's the main feature you're looking for? Is it the mere fact that it's two CF cards, is it the "swap cards on long reset" feature, or is it the interception of identification data to let the card appear like it's non-removable? Just trying to find the key feature(s) to replicate on the new product, or even something new to take care of.

• Hi Jens,

I would like to use this adator for my A1200. If it possible it should support longer cables as the cheap chinese adaptors to use it also as an external solution to connect a CDROM etc.

Thanks, Hauke

• I would like to use this adator for my A1200. If it possible it should support longer cables as the cheap chinese adaptors to use it also as an external solution to connect a CDROM etc.

This would not be a task for "TrueIDE", but for an IDE-fix like adapter with buffering. Buffering is not a property of any CF card adapter that I have seen.

• ok, thanks for your answer. Yes two separte products..... and more an intelligent IDE controller than an intelligent CF adapter :-)

From my point of view an optimal prooduct is similar to the IDE w/ Hot part of the AC500plus with an option to add an external

IDE device.

best regards, Hi-Toro

• I am also interested in TrueIDE and for me, the feature I would like the most is "identification data to let the card appear like it's non-removable". Also 2 card support would be a nice-to-have but definetly not a must.

In my case, I want it to be inside my A1200 and just stay there for a long time :)

Regards,

Efrén

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.