ACA500PLUS

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • please help me! bought aca500plus. and I do not know how to record games on the second cf-card. In what format to record? Was writing adf files-workbench shows error. can you give me detailed instructions? Thank you!

• The Aux card is not really designed just to dump games on, but more as an easy way to transfer data between your Amiga and PC or Mac. Of course you can play games and run programs on it if you choose to.

If you want to play .ADF files from your Amiga and ACA500+, you will need a program to mount .ADF files on your Amiga. Imagemount is one such program, and it works on 68000 chips.

You can then keep your ADF files on your AUX card, or copy them to your main card, and mount the .ADF files so they show up as actual disks on your Amiga. Keep in mind a lot of Amiga disks require to be booted right from the game disk - not playable from Workbench, In this case you have really two choices - get a Gotek drive and boot the game ADF files from there, or make a real Amiga floppy from the .ADF. There are several tools on Aminet for converting ADF files to real disks, TGSUtils is one that works well, devcopy is another.

• Don't go for ADF - that's just the same mess we've had back in the days with lots of disks. The ACA500plus has enough power to run WHDload, and the installer does all the required things in terms of installing "everything required for WHDload".

• Hello Jens,

Big fan of the ACA500+, however, if you could update the firmware with a tool that run ADF files it would be perfect.

I understand the HDload side, and it is spectacular, but sometime you just need that floopy : ) And being abble to do it, right from the ACA (without another gadget, a.k.a Gotek) would be perfect.

• "Running" an ADF from a menu is not possible that easily. If you have a floppy that's just a standard-format (OFS or FFS) disk, it'll just work if you unpack the ADF file to a RAD: floppy - that's a pure software solution, and you don't need the ACA500plus menu for that - just sufficient memory on the launched WB, which the ACA500plus surely has. Search terms for this action would be "mount ADF" or "ADF mounter" - I remember I found a tool on Aminet that mounts up to ten ADFs at the same time, using a simple graphical user interface.

If the ADF contains a track loader, then the data path MUST go through the actual floppy controller, because most track loaders (games, demos) access the hardware registers without going through the operating system. This would only be possible if you have access to a floppy port, either the 34-pin header inside the A500, or the DB23 externally. In other words: If the ACA500plus wants to emulate a spinning floppy like the Gotek does, it would need additional hardware and at least one additional connection.

• back in the day i used the rad drive with transadf and wrote the floppy image to rad instead of df0 or df1 and with rad being memory residant for soft boot it will boot the game from there works really well

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.