ACA1233n-26 ACAMapROM problem

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • My computer is Amiga 1200 from ESCOM with 3.1 ROMs.

I installed AmigaOS 3.1.4, MMU libraries and latest version of ACA1233nLib in system.

After that, I add a call to ACAMapRom in the first line of mi Startup-sequence (kick.a1200.46.143 is the name of the ROM provided by Hyperion):

SYS:C/ACAMapROM Q SYS:DEVS/Kickstarts/kick.a1200.46.143

When my computer starts, I see lines in my screen for a second, ¿ACAMapROM activity?.

After than nothing happens and y must power off my computer and boot with the 2 mouse buttons pressed to edit de startup-sequence and comment the call to ACAMapROM.

• I installed AmigaOS 3.1.4, MMU libraries and latest version of ACA1233nLib in system.

Please use the latest ACAtool. The libraries don't support the new cards, and we don't maintain the commandline tools any more. The ACAtool comes with a GUI, much easier to use. Please delete the old library and tools from the computer and only use the ACAtool.

• I deleted ACA1233n.library, his tools and commented the line in Startup-Sequence that call to ACAMapROM.

After that I booted with no startup-sequence and started ACAtool (installed on SYS:/c).

Then configured the MAPRom option selecting the ROM "SYS:DEVS/Kickstarts/kick.a1200.46.143" and verify that my Startup-Sequence has changed.

When I reboot the computer, HHD blinks during 1 second and after that nothing happens.

I must power off the computer in order to boot with no startup-sequence.

• Sounds like there's something wrong with the Kickstart file. Please try MapROM for the physical Kickstart ROM first - if that also causes trouble, we need to check further.

• I tried MapROM with the fisical 3.1 ROM-and it works, ACATool says it's ON.

It's very extrange because I'm using the same Amiga 1200 3.1.4 ROM file in WinUAE without problems.

Another problem with my card is VBR in Fastmem option don't work, I check the option but ACATool says it's OFF.

• THis sounds very much like you're using the older version of ACAtool (V1.02). The latest version V1.05 has fixes for loading ROM files.

Please double-check that the Kickstart file is really exactly 512k in size (524288 bytes).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.