ACA500+ CF card compatibility

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello !
    Are all CF cards supported such as these ?
    Marked UDMA7 ?

The last one someone claimed did not work as IDE on an old pc ?
    Would that mean the same for ACA ?
    (link removed)
    (Link is to the last pictured card - Would be great if it works on ACA - not very expensive and then I wouldnt need any CF adapter things.)

• dbugster

Changed the title of the thread from “CF card compatibility” to “ACA500+ CF card compatibility”.
  • No links to external shops - see terms of this forum.

So far, there is no CF card that doesn't work on the ACA500plus(*). There are some that have additional functionality such as wireless and SD-card adapters that might consume too much power, but all flash-only cards work. You're looking at Sandisk here, a high-quality brand that has never caused any trouble, even on the old ACA500 that has a much simpler CF card controller.

The ACA500plus does not use DMA, but only PIO for transferring data. You may see speed differences, but they will all vary between 4MB/s and 7MB/s if you have an A1200 accelerator connected.

(*): I do own one card that has problems, a 4GB HAMA card. However, I suspect that this is either defective, or deviates extremely from the spec, as the only thing that can really use it is my old EOS camera.

• Great ! I just wondered about that last card since a person on the review site said it didnt work with an old PC :-(
    And I was afraid it could be due to some lacking IDE support ??
    Its the cheapest on the list so it would be great if it works !

And Im sorry about the external link, it was to a price comparator/lister site. Will not post such links again. :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.