P96 by Individual Computers

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I recently bought a P96 (V2.4.2) license to support the project.

Unfortunately, I can't get it to work on my configuration.

It seems quite surprising to me because the V2.0 versions from Aminet and unofficial 2.1e work with me without a problem.

My configuration:

Amiga 4000, OS 3.9 + Boingbags 1&2

WarpEngine 4040 upgraded to 68060 @80MHz, 128MB fast

BigRamPlus

X-Surf-100 + RapidRoad USB

FastATA VI

ZZ9000 video card

I would love to chceck the previous version of P96: V2.2 - is it possible to download it somewhere?

BTW. :thumbup:I'm using a lot of icomp stuff and it's just great :-)

• "cat get to work" is not exactly a precise description of the error you're encountering. Also, seeing that you have a new GFX card in your computer where we don't provide a driver for, please turn to the vendor of that card. I'm pretty sure that they can help a lot better, especially because lots of other ZZ9000 customers obviously have no issues.

I do have an archive of the older versions, but I'd prefer to only have the recent, bug-fixed versions out there.

• Thank you for the quick reply.

I do not know any other user who has a configuration similar to mine and uses P96 version V2.4.2 so it is hard for me to refer to whether they have isues or not.

I am writing here because I hope that the problem can be solved and it will help in the further development of the P96 package.

My graphics card (ZZ9000) and its drivers work without any problems with P96 2.0 from Aminet and several unofficial versions that I checked including 2.1e. The only version that doesn't work is P96 V2.4.2.

P96 V2.4.2 iInstallation proceeds normally, without problems. The graphics card is visible in the system as with any other P96 version.

The problem appears when I try to enable any graphics mode on the graphics card instead of AGA. A large amount of CHIP memory is allocated (instead of the video card memory), This result in a message [screenshot] and/or crash.

Replacing rtg.library with an older Aminet or unofficial version solves the problem - native ZZ9000 graphics modes turn on normally and no CHIP memory is used.

I have heard from one user that P96 V2.4.2 works with ZZ9000 but with a different processor - not 060 and a different system than OS3.9.

So I conclude P96 V2.4.2 may be less compatible with the Amiga in my configuration than versions up to 2.1e which I am currently using.

• After many attempts, I finally managed to run both versions of V2.3 P96s that you sent me and finally the latest 2.4.2 version.

I've made so many changes to the system that unfortunately I can't say which one led to the new versions working.

I use OS3.9 + ClassicWB and many patches, so I mainly updated many libraries and dumped some redundant ones.

This confirms that the new P96 V2.4.2 works fine, only the Workbench can be seriously literred 8o

Thank you for your help and I keep my fingers crossed for subsequent projects from Individual Computers :thumbup:

• Hello, I bought a P96 license this evening, but, am unsure on where to download the actual archive. I don't see it on the product page, nor in my purchase confirmation email, and also not in the wiki. Where do I find it?

Thank you.

• @ misha: If it helps you (and any others reading this), I maintain an unofficial ZZ9000 support page here:

https://www.gregdonner.org/zz9000/zz9000compendium.html

I bought P96 2.4.2 from Individual Computers a while ago, and will be relaying any issues between it and the ZZ9000 to Lukas Hartmann.

At the time of this writing, he is working on a new 1.4 driver and/or firmware update that should fix a bunch of bugs and display issues, among other improvements.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.