Dead Keyrah?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I revieved my Kerah V2b. After installing it into a vic 20 it typed for 10 seconds on my macbook pro. I then unplugged took it downstairs and plugged into the raspi on the workbench and nothing. No light, no keyboard nothing. I have unplugged waiting an plugged back in, tried attaching to the USB header nothing. My Keyrah is dead.

• The pin header for USB is not assembled at the factory - if you have assembled that, there's the danger of plugging things the wrong way round (resulting in a complete damage of Keyrah), which is why we don't assemble that.

Make sure that the USB cable you're using is OK, and that all jumpers are in the right place. If one of the jumpers is missing, Keyrah may appear dead.

• So wait, if I solder a USB header on there to power the Keyrah internally via USB from Rpi, the Keyrah can be damaged?

Only if you plug it in the wrong way round. Since the connector does not have any mechanical means to inhibit wrong-way-plugging, we don't assemble it.

• Only if you plug it in the wrong way round. Since the connector does not have any mechanical means to inhibit wrong-way-plugging, we don't assemble it.

Gotcha, well, so far so good. I just paid attention to the PCB as it had the color coding printed on it and just ensured the header was aligned the same way.

Thanks.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.