1233n 55mhz Board

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • hallo icomp,

warum ist meine neue 1233n 55mhz IDEturbo auf ner 2016ner platine mit überbrückungskabel gefertigt? wirkt etwas billig, wird es eine neue platine geben und kann ich dann meine aktuelle hilfslösung noch in ein finales produkt tauschen?

mfg

• The new development of the IDE-Speeder requires two additional connections to the CPU slot connector. We've chosen the colour of the wires to match the board colour, and the big sticker makes sure that wires aren't ripped off. Since we've produced a rather big quantity of 1233n baords back in 2016, we of course continue to use those.

A new version of the board is not planned, as we still have a good quantity of the current boards. If you do not like the looks of the board, you are free to execute your right of revocation.

• I am just wondering if the 2016 1233n (40mhz) can be upgraded with the ide speeder? I could send back or could the information on the jumpers be added to the Wiki?

Thanks

• I am just wondering if the 2016 1233n (40mhz) can be upgraded with the ide speeder? I could send back or could the information on the jumpers be added to the Wiki?

Adding the IDE speeder requries re-programming of the CPLDs, and the code for them is of course not open. The jumper wires are part of the modification, but they MUST NOT be added just like that on the old board. The old board with the old CPLD code may even destroy the A1200, the ACA1233n or both.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.