ACA1221EC lost PCMCIA enabled

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have recently bought an ACA1221EC and using it on my A1200.

I first got some RED screen and hangs, and I believed that is might be with a little to high CPU setting(28Mhz)

So I unprotected the MAProm jumper so I could use ACATOOL v1.02 GUI to lower the CPU setting to 23Mhz and protected it again.

Now I have lost the PCMCIA slot enabled all the time. Now I need to hold down left button during reboot to make it avaliable.
    the GUI ACATOOL to enable KEEP PCMCIA is greyed out.

What am I missing.

best Regards
    /Jimmy

• You can always use the old commandline tool to flash the PCMCIA patch back into the ACA1221ec. The ACAtool is very new and only has a few test cycles with the ACA1221ec, so there may be bugs. However, we are working on this tool practically every week, so it can be fixed rather quickly.

• I found a way to fix this. I used ACAtool v1.01 instead. GUI interface you kan now check the box for keep PCMCIA when in unprotected mode.

But I don´t know if it´s normal behavior now, when the storage PCMCIA card is inserted before powering on (cold) I get a varning message in germany "zu früh entnommen, Wiederholen, abbrechen" is I press Widerholen workbench finds the PCMCIA card.

warm reboot from now on it will find the card without the message. and the PCMCIA patch works as intended.

Still curious how the command syntax is written. :)

Best Regards
    /Jimmy

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.