Which LCD monitor?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi all,

First time here on this forum and my first post with a question:

I have the Indivision Scandoubler ECS V2 for my A500plus and a scandoubler for my A1200.

Which LCD monitor will be the best for gaming with these scandoublers?

Take for instance the game Pinball Fantasies. It scrolls very smooth on a CRT monitor, but how will it scroll on a decent LCD?

I have been told that the BenQ BL702A is a good choice or are there better alternatives?

• I have the Indivision Scandoubler ECS V2

Please note that it's not just a scandoubler, but a full frame rate converter, so even a class above a full flicker fixer. A scan doubler is a low-cost approach that only doubles lines, but does no flicker fixing.

and a scandoubler for my A1200.

which one?

I have been told that the BenQ BL702A is a good choice or are there better alternatives?

Smooth scrolling requires V-Sync operation, and that's not available on Indivision AGA MK2(cr). It is planned for the follow-up product, though.

Indivision ECS V2 can do that, but there are only a few flat screens that really support this mode of operation. Generally, game monitors can do V-Sync, and if you have a model that supports AMD's FreeSync, it's very likely to also support the V-Sync feature that we're offering on Indivision ECS V2.

• Well, in that case its right on schedule :)

A note on game monitors, with the newer monitors freesync/gsync is more and more only available on the HDMI, even when there is also a VGA input.

Afcource i dont know if the next version of the IndiAGA supports vsync on the digital output…

By the way, why not take the amiga to the store and try, worked for me ^^since none of the listed monitors in the wiki are available here.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.