I just recently became a proud owner of a 1221ec. Workbench is really snappy, and even if I throw everything I can on the accelerator, it still runs super stable. However, Booting up WHDLoad games (one of the primary purposes of the card) I get a lot of issues:
All games requiring extended memory either can't load or get error message stating certain memory addresses.
- Alien Breed 2 AGA boots, but you can't get into the game, however, if you choose the character Zulu, the game loads, but the graphics is corrupt. (In UAE the game loads fine)
- Breathless just quits after starting a new game (In UAE the game loads fine)
Smaller OCS games run, but starts to get graphical glitches midway into the games (this does not happen without the 1221ec accelerator)
- Super Cars starts getting glitchy at stage 3. Same place every time.
- Shadow of the Beast, glitches after the first skeleton boss is defeated. Eventually an error message pops up and I am returned to workbench. Same place every time. All games that glitches out look like Shadow of the Beast.
Larger OCS games doesn't run.
- Indiana Jones games (Fate of Atlantis, Last Crusade) can't find certain "rooms" at certain addresses values
- Superfrog boots, but you can't start a new game, getting error messages about addresses on the slave drive.
- ADoom runs perfectly
- Super Stardust HD version only works without the ACA1221ec. If installed, it just reboots into workbench.
You probably get the picture. I have no idea what is causing this. since the small OCS games doesn't work correctly with the accelerator installed I'm thinking that it might be the accelerator malfunctioning.
This is what I am currently running:
- Stock Amiga 1200 Rev 2B 1992 by Commodore. However, I have removed E123C and E125C according to the iComp instructions., since these were mounted, E121C and E122C were not.
- ROM: 3.0 (39.106) - MX D9350 (c)1992 Commodore
- IDE to SD-card adapter + 32GB SD Card. three partitions, less than 2GB in size. (This was done in UAE, works very well in workbench)
- Classic WB ver 28. WHDLoad 18.2 (the one that came with classic workbench)
- Everything is connected using an RGB-cable to a Commodore 1084 monitor.
Anybody more experienced than me that can help me find a solution to this? Could the ACA1221ec be malfunctioning? or could it be something else? WHDLoad? HDD sector issues? The common theme is that loading/mapping data onto memory is glitchy and causes both games and WHDLoad to malfunction. Like I said, Workbench and applications does not seem to inherit any of these problems.