Accelerator for Amiga 2000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Jens, one of my recent interests is looking at Kickstarter projects. I find this web site amazing.

Giving opportunity to builders to fund their projects based on actual customer demand. I have already contributed to several projects.

Just recently, a fellow decided to build a modern Amiga tank mouse (you may have seen the project. I contributed as well).

The builder was successful in raising ~150k Euros for this project.

The A2000 is the system which is least served in terms of accelerators. You had mentioned (long time ago) that you have an idea for one.

You can try the Kickstarter approach. This will allows you to set a project end goal ($) which is viable for you. If the goal is not met, no need to proceed any further. I find this approach really smart on the part of Kickstarter.

This was just a thought.

• You can try the Kickstarter approach

No.

Kickstarter is no better than banks, lawyers or politicians: They contribute almost nothing to society, yet they drain huge amounts of money. I am not supporting Kickstarter - especially because money is not an issue any more here. I've made the right decisions in 2019, and my money is now coming from green energy. The only problem I have is time.

• Hi all!

Any hope to see something similar for ACA500Plus, but for A2000 in a future?

It will be very cool to have A1200-compatible CPU-slot in A2000. BlizzardPPC and AmigaOS 4 should work in this case :)

• Any hope to see something similar for ACA500Plus, but for A2000 in a future?

The ACA2000 is on my schedule, but it won't cover the complete ACA500plus functionality (as a big-box Amiga doesn't need all that).

It will be very cool to have A1200-compatible CPU-slot in A2000. BlizzardPPC and AmigaOS 4 should work in this case :)

It'll support many A1200 accelerators, but I won't go as far and make any promises about other vendors' products.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.