ACA500+ v Evil cat

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Solder pads are ripped off - I guess the card will come up normaly after making sure that there are no shorts on data lines.

Repairing this will take hours and cost much more than a new card. If you can make it start and boot from floppy, I can give a hint or two for adding mass-storage by other means.

• Any mass storage hints would be fantastic.

If you can wait until Xmas, we'll have a new top-of-the-line accelerator for the A1200 that also works on the ACA500plus - and it comes with a micro-SD card slot that you can boot from. Speed will be comparable to CF cards on the ACA500plus.

Other than that, there is no "clean" solution. There's the new Checkmate 1500 case, but that has lots of issues with it's slot-adapter board: Neither ACA500plus, nor known-good Zorro cards work reliably. I have offered help; see other thread in this forum. If I'm successful debugging that board, this may be a solution for you, although you still would not get the "exchange data with FAT-formatted CF cards" back. A Buddha may work in that (well, if I find the fault, but I'm confident I will).

For data exchange, I'd go for the X-Surf-500 - that's more convenient anyway. Mounting network drives on the Amiga just rocks :-) I fear that you have lost the "data exchange with FAT-formatted CF card" for good.

Luckily, all updates are provided as ADF images, so even without the CF card slots, you can execute all updates by unpacking the UPD file to a floppy drive or floppy emulator.

BTW, dry food for that cat for the next six weeks ;-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.