Hard Drive won't Boot after Formatting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I successfully formatted a 120GB SSD (with the use of an IDE to SATA adapter) to 100GB.

I initially had problems but realized the SSD needs to be set as slave.

After formatting, I removed the DOM and opened the jumper. The drive will not boot.

I tried placing the drive on either of the Buddha ports and tried both the master/slave drive jumper.

(BTW, is there a default Buddha port or it does not matter)

Will the flash update help?

• Here's an update:

I plugged the DOM back in. The computer now boots into WB. All is fine!

But there's a dependency on the DOM being present.

Hmnn. Something doesn't look right.

I think I'll try reformatting the drive with the drive jumper on the IDE to SATA adapter set to 'cable select'.

• Jens ,

Here's an update on my situation:

Using KS & WB 3.1

I initially was using a SATA 120Gb SSD connected via a Startech IDE to SATA adapter and experienced this issue.

I have recently purchased a cheap IDE to CF adapter from Ebay ($2) and using a 4Gb CF card (Trenscend). The issue is not present. I can remove the DOM and all is fine.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.