ACA1221EC/LC ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I can see that the ACA1221EC is in stock again.

But Jens, you mentioned the ACA1221LC was due to be released soon.

What are the differences, is it worth waiting ?

Thanks

• The ACA1221LC is delayed; we have huge problems in mass-production because the CPUs need manual re-soldering for almost all boards. This was a batch of partly used and partly new 68ec020 processors, all QFP. I did not expect that these CPUs solder so badly.

As a result, the ACA1221LC will be more expensive than the ACA1221EC. By how much, I can't say yet. We need to test/repair all boards before I have a number.

The basic technical data is the same: 68ec020 CPU and 16MB physical memory. One difference is that the base frequency is lowered to 80MHz, so the standard/guaranteed frequency is lowered to 26.67MHz.

I have already mentioned on the A1K forum many moths ago that I will attempt to add a sync 14MHz mode to the ACA1221LC - now that I know that the ACA1221LC production is even more expensive than ACA1221EC, I have set this as a main goal, so there's really something "new" for this board that justifies the added EURs.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.