RapidRoad works only in Workbench?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I've got my hands on a recapped A1200 and I'm currently planning how to expand it. The RapidRoad looks very interesting but I'm missing a key fact that none of the review articles or videos mentioned: Does a compatible USB Joystick/Mouse work with WHDLoad games? What about booting directly from a game disk? I presume that the Poseidon stack will only work inside Workbench?

Thank you!

• The Poseidon USB stack must run in order for keyboards, mice or joysticks to work. Even WHDload games won't be able to use USB devices, as they mostly switch off the OS and talk to the port hardware directly.

If you are looking for a mouse adapter, I suggest to wait for Micromys V5, which is about to be released. This works without drivers in any game, but also on WB - and it's considerably cheaper than RapidRoad.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.