One week after, Rapidroad already dead ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I received my Rapidroad and installed last week (A600 + A604n + RTC + Indvision v2 + Furia). Since this morning, it does not work anymore (Poseidon does not see it anymore). There is no more LED enabled. FYI, I use a C64PSU power supply. On the warranty, it is marked / TLWt. Can you tell me the procedure to follow for a return with refund of preference to a repair? (I did not want to spend time with something that works randomly). Thank you. Sincerely, Michael ps: order : 58336

• My first Rapidroad also died a few days after installed. I am sure it was because of the inadecuate PSU, in my case was the Meanwell PSU.

Since then and following the Jens recomendations I am using only the original A500 PSU (4,5A). Plugging and unplugging all kind of devices and my two RapidRoads still working perfectly.

• FYI, I use a C64PSU power supply.

...so that company is still selling the inadequate versions of their product, continuing to cause damage to our products.

Please send the RR back. I have to handle this under warranty. Please have your PSU improved, especially with a sense wire, so the voltage drop on the cable is taken into account.

• On my A600 Furia A603n..indivison V2 i had loads of problems with a Modded pc psu.......went back to my old A500(heavy type psu) And the issues vanished......I can confirm Jens Products are of high quality and have quite a few of them now.....even a older A512 works....and plan on buying a ACA500+ asap.

A600 Furia with 020/33 9.5 meg fast...32gb SD...Pi1 Dfo: Geotec DF1:....A604n...Indivision V2...RTC....Prisma card Wirless Keyboard

A500 rev6a project

Xbox Classic with WinUAEX

Rasberry PI3/Amibian

Dell Laptop Winuae

• Yes MarkSealey, icomp products are very good (I have 3 indivision v2, 3 A604n, a RRNet for C64 ...).

Jens, thank you, I will send you the Rapidroad at the end of the week

"especially with a sense wire, so the voltage drop on the cable is taken into account." ... can you explain ? what can I do ? can I use the C64PSU, with modification, or no ? I'm not sure if the original Amiga (Light PSU) can offer enough power (A600, CF Sandisk, Gotek, A604n + RTC + Indivision v2, Furia + WiFi PCMCIA + Rapidroad) ?

• what can I do ?

Return the PSU and demand a refund. It's not up to the task.

can I use the C64PSU, with modification, or no ?

No. The person making that product did write here, didn't even know what a sense wire is, and only did a minor change, not a real improvement on his product. He is obviously after the money, not after a good product.

I'm not sure if the original Amiga (Light PSU) can offer enough power

The "light" A500 PSU delivers 4.5A on the 5V rail, that's definitely enough.

• Hi Jens, I made a mistake, my new (genuine 391029-03) PSU is an A600 5V 3A, 12 V 500 mA, -12 V 100 mA. Will it be enough with : CF 8 Go, Furia accelerator, A604N + RTC + Indivision ECS v2, Internal Gotek with external OLED screen, PCMCIA WiFi card, Tom+ on mouse port with a wireless mouse ? I don't want to "burn" another RR with PSU problems :-(. I will use USB keys on RR and sometime a CD-ROM drive.

• Thank you Jens, I bought a 4.5A this week.

Would you advise me to do a recap ?

More generally, we must do recapping with A600, A1200 ... but what about PSU ? (Of course, electrochemical caps inside)

• Yes, finally, a repaired RR in my mail box. Just put in my A600, everything is fine. Hope It will be OK for a very very long time with my new Genuine PSU (5V 4.5A, 12V 1A, -12V 100mA). Thank you iComp Team.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.