Indivision AGA Mk2cr new, scrambled amiga video

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I have received my Indivision AGA Mk2cr, and I cannot make it to work properly. Since I have connected it to the Amiga I get some sort of scrambled/distorted video. I have tried to reflash with the Indivision utility, changed to all different Amiga mode, and I always get this distorted image. It's like Indivision is repeating each 8 horizontal lines (8 good lines, and then repeated the same 8 lines, another 8 good lines and then 8 wrong lines, and so on).

I also connected a TV to Amiga video out and there, video was OK.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance.

• This looks like a short on the memory of the flicker fixer. Please remove the unit and make sure that there are no metal parts or resuduals of a cable near the chips.

• Jens, thank you very much for the reply.

I have double checked the unit, and I have only found some dust particles between pins on all chips.

I have removed some of these particles that were suspicious, but the result has been the same.

Please, see the attached video, so you can see the screen behavior, I hope that it could help.

• Since the Amiga video on the DB23 RGB output is OK (as you wrote earlier), the error must be located on the flicker fixer. If there is no obvious short, we need to take a look at it here. Please ship it back to us, and please make sure to have all paperwork accessible from the outside if you're sending from a non-EU country, otherwise customs will charge us duties that are mostly non-refundable.

• According to my information, all Indivision AGA MK2 repairs had been shipped before we went on holidays. Your unit was shipped back to your address on july 16th, 2019 with tracking number CS000100162DE.

According to tracking, you were not in on july19th, and the parcel was not claimed while it was in storage. Current tracking looks like it's been returned to us, last scanned today in Germany.

• First of all, we need to wait until the parcel is back here. I expect to be charged for the way back here, which I have to oppose if you didn't get a notification. Expect some paperwork.

I can of course attempt another shipment once the parcel is back here (looks like it's today - tracking says it's already on the delivery vehicle).

• Jens, thank you so much.

I have tried to talk with someone at my local DHL office, but they are in vacation time until 31 August.

By telephone, DHL Spain only told me that the parcel is going back to Germany... as we just know...

• What can we do in order to share costs?

There will be no "sharing costs" - I will not pay DHL for such a failure. All I need from you is a written confirmation that you were in on the 19th, and that you did not get any notification.

We've re-sent the parcel with tracking number CS000100882DE. Please monitor where it's at, and kick your DHL driver's butt for not leaving a note in your mail box.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.