New ACA1233n and ACA1221EC batches ?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I saw the ACA1233n in stock a few weeks ago but missed purchasing one :(
    Do you have an estimation of when it will be available again ?

Same for the ACA1221EC which could be enough for me.

Thank you

• Thanks Jens

Are you adding more stock to the shop regularly as you get more CPUs, and then it’s just a matter of being lucky and buying as soon as one sees availability ?

Or do you produce big batches every few months ? If so, when do you expect the next one ?

Is it the same situation for the 1233 and the 1221 ?

Of course some people are trying to profit, there’s an ACA1233n on eBay right now for 350€ :(

• Are you adding more stock to the shop regularly as you get more CPUs, and then it’s just a matter of being lucky and buying as soon as one sees availability ?

Exactly. I also have the 55MHz version on the agenda, as we have a good stock of 50MHz CPUs in stock, with a mask that can easily take this slight overclocking. I just need to find the time...

Or do you produce big batches every few months ?

The SMD production has been finished a long time ago - that was a big batch done in a single production run. The CPU, pin header and CPU slot connector are a different production step that can be made anytime, even cost-effective in low quantities. So if I just get two CPUs from the free market, I can make two accelerators.

New CPUs have already arrived, and I expect to have new 40MHz cards in about two weeks.

Is it the same situation for the 1233 and the 1221 ?

For the ACA1221LC, I also need to find time. Production is finished, but the development desk is full of other stuff I need to look into before I can turn to new accelerators.

Of course some people are trying to profit, there’s an ACA1233n on eBay right now for 350€ :(

...and he'll surely find a customer. There's so many st*pid people on this planet. (found it - and it's even the 26MHz version that he bought from us for under 170,- EUR - not sure if he'll find a customer now).

• New CPUs have already arrived, and I expect to have new 40MHz cards in about two weeks.

That is great, what will the price be ? Are you planning any new 26Mhz cards too ?

For the ACA1221LC, I also need to find time. Production is finished, but the development desk is full of other stuff I need to look into before I can turn to new accelerators.

So it is mostly software ? A few weeks away you think ? I might way for this one.

...and he'll surely find a customer. There's so many st*pid people on this planet. (found it - and it's even the 26MHz version that he bought from us for under 170,- EUR - not sure if he'll find a customer now).

To be honest I knew about the 169 EUR price, but I was ready to offer him 200-250 as I was so desperate it was sold out !
    But with the good news you just gave, I'd much rather wait a little and give that money to iComp :)
    I probably only need an ACA1221EC/LC, but it looks like this going to be a longer wait than your next ACA1233n cards, so we'll see...
    How can I get notified about ACA1221LC release ? It's not available in the shop yet, so it's not possible to subscribe to updates.

• How can I get notified about ACA1221LC release ? It's not available in the shop yet, so it's not possible to subscribe to updates.

It's the follow-up card to the ACA1221EC, so if you tick the "notify" box of that product, you'll get an eMail about the ACA1221LC when available.

That is great, what will the price be ? Are you planning any new 26Mhz cards too ?

We did not get any 25MHz CPUs, but only 33MHz and 50MHz CPUs. The 33MHz ones have successfully gone through testing for 40MHz, and the price won't be changed. We do have a few 25MHz EC030 CPUs, but these need more testing, especially because I don't know if the current mmu library checks for presence of the MMU.

The price for the 55MHz cards is not yet clear, but it'll be above 300,- EUR.

So it is mostly software ? A few weeks away you think ? I might way for this one.

Both the ACA1233n-55 and the ACA1221LC (two variants; one with 16MHz and the other with 25MHz CPU) need software support. I hope that I can finish both projects this month.

• Are there any news regarding ACA1233n board availability?

I'm working hard on the 55MHz version, and new features will be ported back to the 40MHz and 26MHz versions. I therefore have stopped all sales of the ACA1233n until this development is finished.

It's worth waiting. Promised :-)

• Jens mentioned that you can send your aca so that it can get a hardware upgrade for 60 Euro.

The interesting point will be the time this process will need.... if you follow the repairing time here in the forum....

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.