Big Ram plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens and Tobias,

Have been happily using the Big RAM plus for a while, just wanted to know if it is planned to be stocked again sometime in the future.

Thank you

• I do get a lot of requests for this, but need to do a re-design. The Xilinx CPLD on that card has jumped up in price to a level where it's impossible to make for "under 100,- EUR". I do have some ideas, but currently lack the time to try them.

• Doesn´t matter if it jump up in price. I remember when I paid around 250EUR for 2MB of ram to my old A1000 around 1987 :-)

I am also interested in Bigram plus for my A4000.

• Re-opening this thread, because I've made a deal for XC95144XL chips. Still not the price that we've had in 2012 (when the last production run of BigRamPlus was made), but something that keeps me from making a whole new design and only moderately increasing the price.

The other good news is that I've moved the design into my own CAD system and managed to make the card smaller. Remember back in 2012 we've deliberately made the card long enough to not fit the wrong way round. This has kept in-line PC cards from fitting. The new design is still a bit longer than the slot itself (just under 10mm), but it does not reach into the PC slots any more, so chances are good that it fits with in-line ISA or PCI cards.

For chip-protection, I've added the "resistors of shame" construction that has already served a few Buddha and ACA500plus customers (resistors blow up if plugged in the wrong way round, but chips survive).

I am accepting pre-orders. The delivery date is "very conservative" - it's likely to be available sooner than that.

• This card has been on the market for several years now (in a total of three incarnations), and there's no negative report about compatibility with any accelerator.

• Hi iComp - I received my preordered BigRamPlus today, but much to my disappointment it was defective - see attached SysInfo 4.3 picture. What to do? The warranty number is 1T5gQ.

Best Regards

Peter Heine Jørgensen - Denmark

A4000D org. MB/DB, CyberstormPPC 604e/2000 68040/40 128 Mb Ram, Buddha 20Aniv. Ed., Deneb Usb, AmigaOS/KS 3.1.DB, Cyberstorm PPC (604e-200/68040-40/128 Mb Ram), AmigaOS/KS 3.1, Deneb USB, Buddha 20th Anniversary Ed.

• Hi.
    I recieved my BigRamPlus today. It was working good. No problem at all when installing card. Good instructions on card.
    Thanks.

• Hi iComp - I received my preordered BigRamPlus today, but much to my disappointment it was defective - see attached SysInfo 4.3 picture. What to do? The warranty number is 1T5gQ.

Please try to clean the connector. All cards that have left here have passed a full test in an A3000 computer. The main board may NOT be overclocked; board frequency must be 25MHz.

• Thank You for the quick reply.

I cleaned all connectors, tried different setups with a3630 and a3640 boards, FastATA4000, Buddha Phoenix, Buddha 20th.A.Ed.. Tried different OS setups OS/KS3.1, OS/KS3.1.4. Tried shifting the card to every connector. Still the Amiga reports board as defective on startup (just shifting board number). The main board is not overclocked. All my other cards works perfectly in all connectors.

MfG Peter

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.