V Sync

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Are there any ECS v2 owners here with a V Sync-capable LCD monitor that have seen improvement with reducing/eliminating screen tearing?

I am on the hunt for an inexpensive somewhat "gaming" 1920x1080 LCD that supports this but I am uncertain on the terminology.

Is a "Freesync" monitor the same?

There's a 2016 model from Dell ( SE2717HR) that looks like it might be a good fit.

• I've tried to get the "FreeSync" specifications for months, but AMD never got back to me - neither calling, nor e-mailing, even a printed letter and a few personal contacts made at GamesCom did not result in any specifications about FreeSync, so just a guess: It's worth a try.

• Hi,

I took my complete setup to the store for a new monitor since they couldnt tell me if it would work ^^

I got home with a Iiyama gmaster (g2530hsu). It works on all my amiga's (Indi ECs V1/V2 and AGA, CVS64-3d and spectrum 24) and also on my chameleon, but on the chameleon i have very big borders on top and bottom on this screen.

Only downside i have is that it doesnt support 4/3 aspect ratio. But the image is in my opinion perfect , exept for some sort of ghosting when connected to the Indi ECSV2

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.