X-surf 500 and WHDload

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi I am experiencing a strange issue(not really an issue to be honest). When I boot my A500+ with aca500plus and X-surf500, if I just press hide on the network configuration windows, WHDload freeze basically with any games. If I press stop and then hide, it works great. It is just me?

Thanks

• Hi,

Most whdload games wont work with the x-surf500 active.

Before i start a game, i stop the network first and then wait a few seconds before i start a whdload game or demo.

Some demo's work. Initially i wanted to play my games/demo's from a fileshare. I found that some demos worked , some stopped after pressing a key or mouse button. My best gues is that some interrupt or other amiga resources are used that WhdLoad is depending on ..

By the way Most native HD games/applications do work over a fileshare.

• Network requires a TCP/IP stack to run, and of course multitasking to be active, which is not the case for 99.9% of the WHDload-ed programs. You therefore need to tell WHDload to shut down the network before launching the game/demo. Read here how a German user has solved it:

X-Surf 500 und whdload Probleme

• I just ran into this issue as well and found this thread. It’s weird that WHDLoad has a networking feature to verify if there is an updated version or slave, but can’t function after it proceeds past the splash screen. What’s the point?

• What’s the point?

The point is "convenient loading from remote storage" - with pre-load, you do all the loading before launching the game, then shut down the TCP/IP stack before actually launching the game (that's in one of the WHDload scripts), and after exiting the game, you re-start the TCP/IP stack - again, with a script.

This will make it appear fully transparent, and updated slaves are not required. Only the changes to make are in:

- WHDLOAD-Startup

- WHDLOAD-CLEANUP

- WHDLOAD.prefs (execute-startup and cleanup are normally commented out, remove comment)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.