MK2cr Pinout question...

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I'm in the process of making a small 'daughter card' for my Mk2cr and looking at the graphic file here for the electrical signals. I understand all of signals nomenclature except Pin 20 labeled 'Switch'. What is this signal's function? I beeped out the the connections to the DVI connector and Pin 20 doesn't appear to be electrically connected to the DVI connector (I believe it transitions to PIN 1 on the DVI cable to PCB connector, IIRC).

Regards,

I

• The "switch" signal goes to a GPIO pin of the DVI encoder chip, wo we *may* have the possibility to toggle it from the FPGA core side. It was meant to control a switch between a graphics card and the flicker fixer output. However, we never made such a switch, as it would cause too many questions as to why a monitor can't switch between the analogue output of a GFX card and the digital output of the flicker fixer.

So in essence, you can safely ignore this signal, just leave it unconnected.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.