RamLink

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • What does the ramlink manual tell regarding what signal that clip should be connected to?

edit: i found it... "Locate the clip assembly which came with your RAMLink, and attach the clip end of the assembly either to the end of resister

R44 or to pin 28 of IC 6, depending on which circuit board you have inside your computer. See figures 2-3 and 2-4 to help determine which computer you have and where the clip should be attached on your particular board. If you have the newer revision of the computer, which requires attaching the clip to pin 28 of IC6, see the details in figure 2-5 to help locate the correct pin." (IC6 seems to refer to the 250469 board)

edit++: it's the !HIRAM signal, which isnt available at the expansion port. with the MK2 you can also use pin28 of the CPU (U7)

that said, we have not tested if the ramlink actually works with the mk2 (since none of us owns one) - but i see no reason for why it would not.

• I'm pretty sure with IC6 they are referring to the CPU. Pin 28 of the CPU is P1 (bit 1 of the 6 bit I/O port on the 6510) the signal has the name HIRAM. And that is involved in selecting the C64 memory layout.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.