Picasso96 and MNT VA2000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Would it be possible to integrate Lukas Hartmann's driver for his VA2000 into P96 now that iComp has the source code? I've been playing around with reinstalling my board today and it's a pain to make all of the customizations to the P96 driver files. Also, why isn't uaegfx available in there anymore?

• Yes, we own the P96 software now, but we do not own the VA2000 drivers, so including those drivers in a commercial package - even if they are "free" - is not legally correct. If installing the GFX card is such a pain, then you should turn to the vendor and ask for an easier installation script. P96 is surely the "enabler" for such a graphics card, but that does not make us responsible for other vendors' cards.

Also, why isn't uaegfx available in there anymore?

Because it's not required any more. Inclusion for historical reasons is also not possible, because the driver's license is not clear. FOr more information, see: http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/P96#Operation_under_UAE

• If Lukas were to contact you guys and agree to include his drivers in P96, would you be willing to add it in? I could send him a message and ask. I was hoping since I bought a copy of P96 from you that improvements like this would come along. I'd be happy to buy another copy if it had some improvements. Another thing I'd like to see in P96 would be the ability to copy modes from another settings file or install multiple drivers at once. I've got a VA2000 and a Retina BLT both installed in my A3000, and I have to add the monitor modes for the Retina manually, which is a real pain. Also, you probably already know, but Lukas is working on a new version of his graphics card with a Zynq FPGA/ARM module. I'll probably be getting one of those too, so it would be nice to easily integrate it.

• If Lukas were to contact you guys and agree to include his drivers in P96, would you be willing to add it in?

Inclusion of his drivers would imply "support" from us for many customers, so please understand that I'm not really after more unpaid work. If "installing" is a pain, and it gets worse with a certain card, then the maker of the card is to do something about it.

Lukas is still active (as you wrote), and he has my eMail address, because we've discussed P96 bulk licensing shortly. This offer is of course still open, and he would then have the chance to write an installer that addresses the issues you are pointing out here.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.