I have just uploaded another core update so you have something to play with over the easter weekend
The changes in detail:
- - fixed crash when "invalid" filename or path is encountered - unfortunately wxwindows screws things up with unicode :(
- - user defined ROM files can be put into the UPDATE directory in the same way as with the C64 native update.prg
- FPGA Core:
- - Reverted G64 "weak bit" change introduced in Beta-9g as it causes write/format errors in the emulated drives.
- - Changed CDTV remote mapping so volume up and down map to Y and N to allow navigation in games trainers menus.
- - Slow CPU for 5 cycles when CIA keyboard registers are accessed, fixes keyboard glitches in some games with turbo on.
- - When d030 turbo bit is enabled, return test-bit as 0. this improves turbo detection in games.
- - Fixed IO write error when turbo was switched on or off during a badline.
- - Shorten CPU turbo slowdown to 1000 cycles on IEC access. Reduces turbo speed impact for IEC accesses.
- - Enable level-1 cache on V2 to increase turbo speed and bring it inline with V1 hardware.
- - Fixed REU access to color-RAM when CPU turbo is enabled, could crash CPU in certain cases.
- - Fixed color register update timing in relation to pixel data in VIC-II emulation (VGA).
- - Fixed display of idle graphics when side border is open in VIC-II emulation (VGA).
- - Fixed a sprite bug (spriteenable2 test) by having FF put in shift register when AEC is high in VIC-II emulation (VGA).
- - Improved timing of video mode changes (toggling MCM, BMM or ECM in the middle of a line), still fail the testcases though.
- Menu System:
- - BUGFIX: flashing a custom drive.rom using update.prg did not work correctly.
- - .bin is recognized as an extension for ROM files (requested by a user)
- - BUGFIX: color scheme is set to default colors immediately when using "restore defaults"
- - BUGFIX: VGA options are set to default immediately when using "restore defaults"
- - BUGFIX: mounted disk images are unmounted when using "restore defaults"
As usual get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.