ACA1233n install trouble

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I just recieved my new 1233n-26 today. I ordered it directly from icomp.de shop. I have installed the card but at first it would not boot. I had to clean the contacts on the motherboard with an eraser and now it boots. The trouble I am having now is the connection is very loose. If I bump or move my 1200 at all it causes the accelerator to shift and reboots the 1200 or gives me a solid Red or Green screen. I know the manual says install requires just a little force. I believe mine requires not enough force. Is there anything I can do to tighten up the connection between motherboard and accelerator

• You may have one of those motherboards that does not have a chamfered edge on the CPU connector. In that case, pull the card back by 1mm - this will make the connection much more stable.

• Hello,

So I backed it up a bit and its boots now. This is a good thing but how do I know the accelerator is working? Workbench 3.1 shows 0 Fast on the top menu bar indicating no fast memory...? Do you have a tool that tests and verifies the accelerator is working and tests to perform?

• That's correct - the card is not all the way in. I can see that you don't have the screws installed, so a too-tight main board can't be the reason why the accelerator does not go all the way in. Please take a close look inside the connector to verify that all pins are still in the correct position, then try to insert it again. You may need a bit more force.

• Everything appears to be in the right place in the connector but if I apply more force I am worried I will break the accelerator. How much force is expected as the instructions say use a little force? The connector must be defective I can not imagine it is normal to require so much force.

• I can see on the pictures that you have opened the computer already - you might want to try pushing on one side first, and then slide in the remaining part. Once the first part is on, the rest is easy to push in. Further, please try to lift the main board a little (the screw is off already!), as the connector might be hitting a barrier on the lower part of the case.

• So I have great news. I have the accelerator installed and it is working. Now I just need to get my network connection to work so that I can download utilities from your website.

• To anyone who has trouble with installation of their board. It is all about the angle you use. I had motherboard unscrewed from the shield and completely removed to make sure there was nothing blocking installation. No matter how hard I pushed it would not slide over the connector if I tried to install level with the motherboard. The trick is the Angle. I used about 10 degree Angle and the accelerator slides right on. Hopefully this post helps others out.:)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.