Xsurf-100 and GVP scsi series II 8MB

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, Because I heard about some problems for some auto-config cards with 8mb memory expansion, Before to buy it, I like to know if the Xsurf-100 with rapidroad usb may have any conflict with the gvp card.

Thanks

• The X-Surf-100 does not make use of the Zorro memory space, but it does use 64k Z2 autoconfig space at $e8.0000 (plus a bit). Where did you hear about problems? Just asking, because I don't know of any trobule with mem/HD controllers.

• Hi Jens, Thanks

I have heard about some cards, not the X-surf-100, that have problems on a A2000 with 8MB expansion. I don't know if this kind of problems occur because the bizarre nature of the Amiga or because the laziness of the old hardware producer. But because nowadays a modern accelerator, when available, don't come with more that 4MB (really I don't know WHY) to have all the MB that is possible is a must.

So, the X-surf 100, using those 64k, what problem can cause?

Adding the RapidRoad USB, still no problem?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.