Message from HDToolBOX and cd-rom drive install

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I get this message from HDToolBox and the CD-ROM install

failed to initialize can't find buddha semaphore!

CF card is working and the installation software on the DOM can format and install.

thank you.

• The new flash rom does not use the Buddha semaphore any more - it just acts as Atapi device if an Atapi device is found. The device name to use is buddhascsi.device - not buddha_atapi.device. You may need to edit the mount list after the flash update.

• Dear Jens, I just received my Buddha 20th Anni and have the same problem. Do you still deliver Buddha without the latest flash firmware version?

• Ok, that is good to hear that I should have the latest firmware.

I experimented a bit.

If cdrom and hdd are connected during install with use of the DOM, the CD drivers are automatically installed wrongly on buddha_atapi.device number 5.

If only hdd is connected during install with DOM, the CD drivers are not installed automatically. After install with DOM, I connect the cdrom to the Buddha (as slave on same IDE cable). I run install of Buddha_CD_install and cancel the window that shows the (incorrectly) detected buddha_atapi.device and manually enter buddhascsi.device at number 1. And this works out ok.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.