Minimig on v2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • turrican9: Those illegal instruction -problems sound familiar. I tested whdload games a lot with TC64v1 some years ago. Eventually I got problematic games (at least these: Fire and ice, Gods, Rainbow islands, Paradroid 90, Super offroad, Uridium 2, Virocop) working, when choosing 68000. Similar settings but with 68010 or 68020alpha resulted always illegal instruction.

• turrican9: Those illegal instruction -problems sound familiar. I tested whdload games a lot with TC64v1 some years ago. Eventually I got problematic games (at least these: Fire and ice, Gods, Rainbow islands, Paradroid 90, Super offroad, Uridium 2, Virocop) working, when choosing 68000. Similar settings but with 68010 or 68020alpha resulted always illegal instruction.

I tried selecting 68000 and 68010 but then my classic workbench image would not work properly. But thanks for confirming.

Yes indeed, you're right - I've just tried Uridium 2 with 68000 mode and it works fine. It's a known problem upstream which affects most Graftgold games and their WHDLoad slaves.

• I finally found the cause of my ADF write problems, and having fixed those I was able to compile the utilities disk which was holding up this release. So here's an updated version with (highly experimental) P96 RTG support, and Akiko Chunky2Planar support. Have fun!

http://retroramblings.net/?page_id=1422

Thanks. Did a quick test with the new core. Super Off road will still crash back to workbench. As far as I understand, minimig core for other FPGAs also has issues with a few games. I will use your core more and report back any findings. I don't know much about P96 RTG and stuff like that. And I don't think I can use it with classic workbench anyway

• Thanks. Did a quick test with the new core. Super Off road will still crash back to workbench. As far as I understand, minimig core for other FPGAs also has issues with a few games. I will use your core more and report back any findings. I don't know much about P96 RTG and stuff like that. And I don't think I can use it with classic workbench anyway

Super Off Road and the other Graftgold games require the CPU to be set to 68000 - that's the case with all TG68-based Minimig variants, and won't change unless someone (probably not me!) can figure out exactly what those games don't like about the TG68's 68020 implementation.

As for P96, if WHDLoad is your main focus then it's not going to be of much interest to you, so don't worry about it. :)

• Super Off Road and the other Graftgold games require the CPU to be set to 68000 - that's the case with all TG68-based Minimig variants, and won't change unless someone (probably not me!) can figure out exactly what those games don't like about the TG68's 68020 implementation.

As for P96, if WHDLoad is your main focus then it's not going to be of much interest to you, so don't worry about it. :)

yeah, I know RTG P96 is a graphics card to run hi-res workbench and so on. btw, the UnAmiga FPGA header uses the minimig core and has Amiga 500 keyboard support. I don't know if you could somehow look at that core to easily implement A500 keyboard support into the TC64/TC64 V2 minimig core. Also, the harddrive speed with TC64 minimig is very low. Like 500 - 600KB per second according to sysinfo. But this is the same for other minimig solutions aswell I think. At least I seem to remember the UnAmiga FPGA had similar HD speed in a review I saw. I'm curious to see if I get the error message when booting workbench. It happened on the older AGA core. I think I put up a picture of the error message.

I must say the whole FPGA thing is really impressive. You are doing some really nice work here

• Alastair - please check your talk21 eMail address; I have sent a binary file that that gmail didn't like.

Edit: That didn't work either. Will try the PM system here :-)