Black Screen-

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I was playing a game today, on my C64RMKII--loaded via 1541 Ultimate II+. During the game--a "pop" sound came from within the C64C case, and the screen went black.

I swapped all the chips with known good working -- Nothing

I tried different power supplies -- Nothing

I tried gently moving the chips from side-to-side -- Nothing

I removed both CIA and SID chips -- Nothing

When I bought this board last year, there were no "Commodore" power supplies available, so I got one from Amazon, which worked well and then I bought a Commodore4Ever (the Atom Reloaded MK2) power supply. I don't suspect the power supplies--because NEITHER work.

I'm also thinking this board still might be defective. Jens, if you recall, I contacted you about this board a few months back--for component F1 having a broken solder joint, and you gave me permission to re-solder it, which I have done. That seemed to have fixed the issue for that time, but I'm wondering if something else might have been affected by the intermittent connection from the broken joint.

Thoughts? I'm at a loss.

Thanks

Matt

• A prime suspect is definitely the F1 part that you've already worked on. If you have a multimeter, it would be interesting to see if you can measure 12V on either side of the part.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.