aca500 does not start

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • En

Buenas tardes

Recientemente compre una amiga 500 y venia con aca500 pero el vendedor me comento que he tenido un problema con la aca, pues el coloco al revés y el chispazo en la parte del flash compacto de arranque, a partir de ahi cuando elegia la kickstar 3.1 para el orden de la pantalla siempre estaba en negro, compacta la memoria compacta y estaba bien el problema es la placa.

Al tener un selector de kickstar y un gotek sd en la kickstar 1.3 el ordenador funciona correctamente y los juegos corren bien

Mi pregunta es ¿podréis hacer un presupuesto para arreglar la avería de la aca?

Un saludo

• better translation

Good afternoon

Recently I bought a friend 500 and came with aca500 but the seller told me that I had a problem with the aca, because the upside down and the spark in the part of the starting compact flash, from there when I chose the kickstar 3.1 for the order of the screen was always in black, compact the compact memory and was good the problem is the plate.

By having a kickstar selector and a gotek sd in the kickstar 1.3 the computer works properly and the games run well.

My question is, can you make a budget to fix the breakdown here?

Greetings

• That "better translation" isn't much better - at least I don't understand anything more now :-)

If it's the old ACA500 (non-plus), connecting it upside-down will destroy two chips, located on U3 and U10.

U3 is a 74LS245. The narrow package is hard to find, but you can replace it with a wide package, bending the pins inwards.

U10 is a 74HCT573, but can also be replaced with a 74HC573. Package is standard SO20. The original chip on the card has an odd writing on it - just ignore that.

I'd prefer not to do this repair, as shipping it back&forth plus parts and labour will probably be more expensive than what the card was sold for back in 2013. Since these two chips are not programmed, but standard spare parts available in many electronics stores, you should be able to find someone locally.

• Good afternoon

Do you recommend me not to repair it? of all you could give me a budget of the supposed arrangement?

clarify the first mail in case I did not translate well

The card was inserted backwards once and gave a spark in the part of the compact flash, there is no spark in any part of the plate.
    its operation is the following, when I put the aca500 the screen is totally black, does not leave the menu kickstart choice but I observe that the led of the boot card if flashes red

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you

a greeting

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.