ACA500plus - Aux CF slot seems dead

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hey!

I was trying out one of those wifi SD cards on the ACA500plus (microSD - formatted as FAT32 - in the WIFI-SD adapter, then into an SD-to-CF adapter)

It was working great - super easy way to wirelessly transfer files to/from the amiga.

until....

This morning I boot the Amiga and the card in the AUX slot is not recognised (the WIFI adapter is working so it's still getting power).
    Now, not a single CF card is recognised in the AUX slot and often the Amiga does not even boot when a CF card is inserted in that slot.

The boot CF slot is working fine.

Is there a known issue that these "active" CF card adapters are not supported?

Have I broken the Aux CF port now or is there anything I can try to revive it?

To be clear: I'm not complaining. I totally love the ACA500plus and I understand that fiddling with these things in not-supported ways can cause damage.
    In fact - I ordered a new one today just to be sure :-)
    I just want to know what went wrong so I can avoid it the next time.

Best regards,

Stef

• Have I broken the Aux CF port now or is there anything I can try to revive it?

First thing I'd check for would be a possible mechanical defect. Are all pins of the CF-slot still OK?

The AUX slot has a power switch in it's power supply pins. Depending on how much power that adapter-in-adapter-with-active-card pulls, the switch may have been overloaded. Not impossible to repair, but annoying if that's the cause.

• All pins in the Aux CF slot are fine - I always make sure to be very gentle with that.

My gut feeling is also that something got overloaded by that active CF card ... too bad.

By the by: the new one I ordered 2 days ago already arrived and is working fine.

That's some super fast handling and shipping! Thanks !!!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.