ACA500 Plus Slot Boot not recognized

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello !

Actually, I received the ACA500+ that I ordered you, the 9th of March.

A couple of days after, I hooked up everything together, the ACA500+ on my Amiga 500 having it unplugged from the network to be sure it is well off.

I pushed a CF in the boot slot and another one in the AUX slot as recommended.

I switched on my computer, then in the menu I did select the 3.1 installation.

Then at the window where usually I should have seen my 2 CF cards, at that time, only one was recognized, the AUX one only.

I thought that it was a compatibility issue, so I swapped the cards (with the Amiga off) and same issue, only the AUX port was recognized. I tried several cards, they were all recognized via the AUX port but never when they are in the BOOT port. I then concluded that it is not an issue with my CF cards.

As I have two Amiga 500, I decided to try the card on my other Amiga and I faced to the same issue.

The BOOT port seems to be not working. After having checked deeply I realized that the CF connector on the ACA has one of its guide missing.

I checked then in the box and I found it (broken).

Fortunately, as I did pay really attention at the insertion of the cards form the beginning, none of the pins of the BOOT port were damaged or missing.

For information, the rest of the ACA card seem works properly, I did a fresh installation of the WB on the CF card which was in the AUX port and I could see that the card is working, I have well the 8mb, checked the acceleration with SysInfo where I saw the improvement.

But, impossible to use the card as it should as the BOOT port is not working in addition to the fact that the card arrived with the guide broken.

Now I'm turning to you to see what I need to do ?

Do I have to return you the card ? Will it be replaced / repaired under warranty ?

Is there anything else that I can do ?

https://nsa40.casimages.com/im…3/17/1903171254492510.jpg

https://nsa40.casimages.com/im…/17/19031712544867247.jpg

https://nsa40.casimages.com/im…17/190317125438732234.jpg

• As already discussed via eMail, our QC photo shows that the CF slot was in perfect shape when shipped. I see your eMail of this morning as a confirmation that you broke the Boot slot, and there's nothing to worry about - we've done that kind of repair before :-)

• Hello ,My card is great for floppy play, but I can't install or use anything on the boot port too. Nothing is broken. I just have error message when trying to install WB. I ve tried with many CF cards.It's frustrating. thx

• Could you please open a new thread with your warranty ID, order ID, precise error description, brand of the CF cards used and maybe even screenshots of the error message(s)?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.