Games that work in turbo mode

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have started to compile a list of games which take advantage of the turbo mode. Since i can obviously not test all games :) it would be great if you would name whatever such games you know of, so i can add them to this list.

In advance: this is explicitly (only) about games that don't just run faster as a whole, but those that will work "correctly" when the turbo is active, and eg maintain a higher framerate. Games that use the 2MHz mode of the C128 by using $d030 also fall into this group.

NOT relevant would be eg: Driller, Elite, Stunt Car Racer (these just run faster as a whole). Relevant would be eg: Slipstream, Uridium+, Test Drive 2

Please also test the games on the list - as i am right now compiling it from other lists (mostly C128 enhanced games) - and let me know if they work right.

The following are the games i tested that do NOT qualify - ie they will just run faster as a whole, and often become unplayable:

Chase HQ

Cholo

Elite (original version)

Encounter

Empire Strikes Back

Mercenary

Moonfall

Power Drift

Space Rogue

Starwars

Star Glider

Stunt Car Racer (a patched version was released by cobbpg)

The Great Escape

Thunderblade

Turbo Charge

all Freescape games:

A Chance in Hell

3DKit - Game eXtreme version

Castle Master

Cyborg 2900

Dark Side

Driller

Time Crystal

Total Eclipse

Total Eclipse 2

• Test Drive and Test Drive 2 also support $d030. Works nice in 2MHz. I usually play both with the FPGA Turbo Setting of 4MHz.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.