Get Contents of 3.5" disk

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I wrote a game for the Amiga a long time ago, in Modula-2, and later converted it to the PC (windows), using Delphi.

I want to get the original Delphi or Modula-2 code so I can write a smartphone app based on the game. Right now all I have is the Delphi .EXE on Windows.

I have been told it is possible to get Assembly code from the EXE file, but that would still leave a ton of work to unravel all that.

I still have the original Amiga disks with the original Modula-2 code I wrote. I have an a500 and an amiga 3000 somewhere. Not sure if I have a monitor or compatible printer.

What's the easiest way to get that code from those disks? Is there any way to read the contents of the Amiga disk from a PC 3.5" disk drive?

Thanks for any help!

Is there any way to read the contents of the Amiga disk from a PC 3.5" disk drive?

no - but you can do it the other way around - use "crossdos" on the amiga and copy the files to a pc disk using the amiga. or if you dont mind spending a few bucks, perhaps get a aca500 for the amiga and copy the files to cf-card. or even use a terminal program on the amiga and send the files to your pc via RS232. YMMV :) in any case its probably easiest to use the amiga to read the disk and copy the files - especially if you are interested in the actual files and not just disk images.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.