Flickering when using HighGFX modes

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have installed my Indivision AGA and it seems to working with no problem for the normal resolutions. I've installed the HighGFX driver and tried the 1024x768 mode and almost immediately I get screen corruption/flickering, etc. reverting back to a lower screen resolution makes the problem go away again.

I haven't added a heatsink to the Alice chip yet, but I'm fairly sure the A1200 wasn't powered on for long before I tried this so it didn't have chance to get too hot. I was wondering what the other fixes might be? My A1200 is a rev 1B board if that helps.

• I had the same problem with my A1200+indi combo. The issue always disappeared after few minutes of warmup though.

After a little research I found the perfect solution, it was to open up my Amiga and on the back side of the motherboard to short the E127R resistor. Since then it works like a charm without any video issues. Hope it helps.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.