Keyrah v2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

After watching a YouTube video I went right out and bought the keyrah v2 and built a retropie that consisted of the keyrah, the powerblock and obviously the pi.

I must be missing a fundamental concept though, my goal is to be able to use the COMMODORE-SPECIFIC keys for their intended purposes (Run-Stop, Commodore key, asterisk key, etc) but it appears that all I can do is use the Commodore keyboard that is mapped to US101 keys. I am sure there's just something I am not getting and I look forward to bridging the gap in my knowledge. I kind of put this project aside when I came into this confusion. It works very well for Nintendo, Super Nintendo and some Atari games...but I want to have the 2 joystick/C64 keyboard experience mimic my original C64...if possible.
    Thanks!!

• Hi, did you try the 'power' switch on the keyrah? Down is for emulators.

I didnt try this on a PI,, only on my pc with vice, but normally this should configure the keyboard mapping for emulater use

• First of all Keyrah works as a regular HID device, ie like any other USB keyboard - there is no way for the connected computer to know there is a "commdore keyboard" connected, or how to map the respective keys. The exact mapping can be found in our wiki.

Now, how to make this work with an emulator entirely depends on the emulator being used - basically you need to install a proper keyboard mapping that matches your combination of OS localisation, the installed keyboard type in the OS, and last not least how the emulator interprets those keys. There is no generic solution that will work perfectly in all cases for everyone, unfortunately. Some time ago i have started a wiki page here that explains some of the steps with some common raspi setups.

Let me know if it works for you, in particular any missing info would be nice to know so i can put it on that page too :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.