Question about saving games on crt files

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi there,

I'm trying to understand the workings of mounting and running crt files on the Chameleon V2. I'm playing the EasyFlash version of Caren Thank You Edition from CSDb.

I can mount and run this game. I can save a game and later reload it. However, if I turn off the computer and/or run anything else, the save is not there. I noticed the same with another game I tried. This works fine on a actual Easy Flash (3) cartridge.

Am I forgetting something, or is this simply not a feature of the Chameleon?

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

• To actually save to SD card you must go to the filebrowser and use the ROM saver (press F4, "save rom file", enter filename, select the cartridge slot you have used to mount the original crt). then when you want to continue playing, load the saved rom file and configure the slot for EF. (alternatively, just load the original crt, then load the rom file to the same slot).

It must be done like this because Chameleon does not emulate the flash-rom used in the EF (that would be a bit overkill)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.