Chameleon V2 standalone

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Dear all.

Sorry if this has been posted already or the question sounds stupid, but I'm really a noob with the Chameleon V2.

I want to run the Chameleon as standalone as I don't have a C64 (yet). When I connect all the cables to the Chameleon as instructed, nothing happens on my screen. I see the red and green light flashing once on the Chameleon when connecting power cable and 1 time the red light again. Then nothing on my screen.

Did I forgot something such as software on a SD card or do i need to flash a core before to start working with the Chameleon ?

Sorry for these noob questions.

• Dear all.

Sorry if this has been posted already or the question sounds stupid, but I'm really a noob with the Chameleon V2.

I want to run the Chameleon as standalone as I don't have a C64 (yet). When I connect all the cables to the Chameleon as instructed, nothing happens on my screen. I see the red and green light flashing once on the Chameleon when connecting power cable and 1 time the red light again. Then nothing on my screen.

Did I forgot something such as software on a SD card or do i need to flash a core before to start working with the Chameleon ?

Sorry for these noob questions.

Are you sure your power supply delivers enough power? I tried my TC64 V2 in standalone with some power supplies that did not have enough juice and got a black screen if I remember correctly. It should boot up with no SD card and you shouldn't need to do anything special.

• @turrican9, thanks for replying. I checked couple of times the power. Seems to be ok. Finally I tried a different monitor and guess what, it's working. Tried an old Medion monitor and the chameleon is working well. Do you know what format the SD card needs to be? And can I use the SD card to put C64 games on it? Cheers

• It "should" work indeed... However, it is not supported (mostly because it will not work out of the box, reformatting to FAT is a bit of a challange on windows). I am not sure what exactly the maximum size is until it will just screw up - so beware, use backups :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.